RECIPE: Gluten Free Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins
I absolutely love these and I think you will too. These muffins are gluten free and you can substitute the honey with organic brown rice syrup if you would like a vegan version. This recipe makes 12 muffins and is the perfect thing to make at the beginning of the week so that you can have breakfast ready to go while you run out the door to work.
2.5 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup plain low fat Greek yogurt
½ cup honey
2 TBSP ground flax seed
1 tsp vanilla
2 ripe bananas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray tin with non-stick cooking spray or line 12 muffin tins with silicone or foil liners.
3. Place oats in the food processor and pulse for about 10 seconds. Add remaining ingredients to the food processor.
4. Process until everything is mixed together and oats are smooth
5. Divide your batter among cupcake liners and bake for 18-20 min or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let them cool on a wire rack for a few minutes.
If you like, you can add a small amount of chocolate chips or walnuts to the batter, but I prefer mine plain.